Welcome to the National Energy Board's Event Reporting System. This system is intended for use by regulated companies to provide notification to the National Energy Board (NEB) and Transportation Safety Board (TSB) of various events that are defined in regulation including incidents, unauthorized activities, and operations and maintenance activities. If you are a member of the public that wishes to report an event please contact the TSB reporting hotline at (819) 997-7887.
If the event being reported meets the definition of significant event below, immediately contact the TSB reporting hotline at (819) 997-7887. A significant event is any acute event that results in:
- a loss of human life;
- a missing person (as reportable pursuant to the Drilling and Production Regulations under COGOA or OGOA);
- a serious injury (as defined in the Onshore Pipeline Regulations or TSB regulations);
- a fire or explosion that causes a pipeline or facility to be inoperative;
- a low vapour pressure hydrocarbon release in excess of 1.5m3 that leaves company property or the right-of-way
- a rupture (an instantaneous release that immediately impairs the operation of a pipeline such that pressure cannot be maintained); or
- a toxic plume (as defined by the Canadian Standards Association in CSA Z662).
To report a new event, click the Continue button at the bottom of this page. You will be asked to enter contact information; then you will receive an email with a link that will allow you to complete your initial submission. You may then continue to complete your final submission or you may use the link to return at a later time.
You should continue to use the former incident reporting process and submit any additional documentation such as Detailed Incident Reports to the TSB for all incidents originally reported before January 1, 2015.
For help in using this system or for general inquiries about the system, please contact the NEB at firstname.lastname@example.org. To report an event when the system is not available, please contact the TSB reporting hotline at (819) 997-7887.